27" with Lion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by old-school, Jun 6, 2011.

1. old-school macrumors 6502

I love the idea of a 27" screen and have contemplated upgrading to one.

After watching todays keynote though, I couldn't help but think that when Lion ships, a lot of the user experience will be in full-screen mode. Does this defeat the point of a 27" screen?

2. JamDonut macrumors member

full screen is only an option, it's great for those with 13" MB/Ps and maybe 15", where you cannot fit more than one full size document or even application window, on a screen at any one time. Therefore you can focus on them in greater detail. The same thing applies with larger screens like the iMac, full screen is still only an option. For example, you can fit two full size documents next two each other for example. So no, it does not defeat the purpose of the 27" :)

More importantly, there are other reasons to get the 27", i.e. watching movies, playing games, web designers and programmers have more screen real estate etc.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You don't go into full screen mode unless you want to or if the app supports it.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

5. Dresevski macrumors 6502

So it has the same functionality as W7? That is really one thing I wish SL had and it sucks to give any edge to Windows but if Lion has it...awesome

6. thisisanacc macrumors newbie

Will Lion automatically arrange two safari (or say, chrome, get rid of safari fro a long time) windows side by side to fit the screen?

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Yes, like po---I mean, photos of your family...:eek: