Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DutchGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
I'm looking for advice: In June this year I bought the 27inch iMac (core Duo), presuming the screen issues had been resolved. However, with a dark background the screen obviously does have a yellowish tan in the lower part. Brought it to a service center where the screen was replaced. New screen has the same problems! According to the guys at the service center all the screens there have it, so it is a structural feature instead of a structural problem (???). I am now in doubt: bring it in for a refund and buy the more expensive newer version (without screen issues???) or stick to this one since it only causes irritation when watching a DVD or alike.
What would you do??? How are the experiences with the newest 27inch screens?

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
IAccording to the guys at the service center all the screens there have it, so it is a structural feature instead of a structural problem (???).
"Structural Feature"?

No. It's defective. They all might be defective, but it's defective.

I would refund it. It's unacceptable to spend that much money on an iMac only to have it come out of the box with a yellow tint to part of the screen.

If it bothers you, get it taken care of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.