28 Weeks Later

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aaron.lee2006, May 2, 2007.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I am absolutely on edge for this movie! I loved the first one (28 Days Later) can't wait for this one. It has to be one of the only decent zombie style movies because it actually has a good story line. Anyone else looking forward to it?

2. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

When I saw a whole city on fire, it sort of shot down my thoughts on the movie.
    28 Days later was great because it wasn't a big budget Hollywood thing where the effects were the only substance in the movie. I'm not so sure about 28 weeks later. I'll have to see it first. I'm not getting my hopes up.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

My feelings as well. 28 Days later was a story driven indie that brought back the zombie movie. 28 Weeks later looks like a Hollywood action movie cashing in on the resurgence of zombie movies.

Lethal

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

It's not the same director and that worries me. Looks like Hollywood capitalizing on a good first movie for a sequel.

jon

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah this looks to be a bit more 'special effects' but the story looks good and i think it'll be a great thriller.

6. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

For sure. I am really looking forward to it.

7. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Not the same cast either. I am going to see it but I would be very surprised if it was any good.

8. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Different director, different screenwriter, probably not nearly as good.

The next project Danny Boyle and Alex Garland have coming out is Sunshine, which does look a little more interesting IMO.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah, i don't think the same cast would've worked too well with a movie like this. and well this basically takes a totally different look at the situation too. should be interesting (if only to see how hollywood can wreck it)

the clip i saw of it online had me intrigued and so i definitely want to see it.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

never saw 28 days later, dont know if i ever will....

11. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Is it based off the same characters? I haven't seen anything on it, I loved 28 days.

12. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm surprised there's absolutely no discussion on this movie.

I thought it was decent. The way they brought the plague back is interesting. Gruesome death, though. I thought the ending was okay. The escape-on-a-helicopter is too cliched.

But the helicopter slaughter of the infected kicks ass.

But one thing I noticed about the movie is that I saw almost everything that happened in it a mile away.

13. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I am a huge zombie movie fan, but I was not impressed at all with this one. Land of the dead was horrible, but this movie was worse. The part that got me the most was the US soldier taking out the US sniper. The only people with guns there were the soldiers. I would have shot a few rounds into the sky, to say "hey, not a zomie". Also, the movement on the screen was usually too fast for my eyes to keep up with. If you are spending a lot of time on the effects I want to see them, not get seizure inducing flashes of it.

I do respect the original for being the first running zombie movie. That gave folks the idea to make the DOTD remake, which is my favorite at the moment. I was hyping this movie off to my friends and we all went and saw it. I don't like loosing my zombie cred.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

True that... but I still really enjoyed it. I thought it was a nicely done sequel.

15. gaelan macrumors regular

Is "weeks" a zombie movie? I saw "days", and it was not a zombie movie. In the first one, they were infected with some kind of highly communicable disease. Please tell me the new one is not incorporating the living dead angle.

16. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I call 28 days/week a zombie movie as well, even though as you said its a virus they are infected with.

Regarding the "living dead" angle, what else would you expect from this franchise?

IMO weeks wasnt as good as days. 28 Days was a fresh idea, this is just more of the same. Its a decent movie, but nothing spectacular.

17. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I agree with all of this. Yes, the camera movement made it VERY VERY hard to watch in the beginning.

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

$0.02

28 Days Later - fresh, well written, great premise, well executed, excellent move
    28 Weeks Later - Hollywood trying to cash in on previous movie's success. Unimaginative, and an insult to the original

:cool: