$299.99 for iPad Mini 4 (16GB)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mufasa804, Dec 11, 2015.

?

Should I buy the 16GB iPad?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2015.
  1. Yes

45.5%
  2. No

54.5%
  1. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

Am I going to hate myself for not paying the extra hundred for the 64GB version? I'm thinking of getting it to surf the web, watch movies at home on it via iTunes Home Sharing, and occasionally using it on the road for internet and email. I will at times carry media on it, maybe a movie or two or a couple of TV shows. Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word and Excel will be installed on it. I'm really trying to justify not upgrading but I want to see what the rest of the community thinks.

Have you recently bought an iPad and opted for the 16GB version? What are your thoughts? Looking forward to seeing your responses!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd pony up the extra $100 and get the 64GB version.

3. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

I got the 16gb model. I returned my iPad pro. I loved the pro, but then I realized I would not be using it much, so the $600 (apple care included here) difference looks a lot better in my account. I think if you can find an open box 64gb in the color you want grab it they only had gold at my store it was $355. But 16gb I think is pretty good for the tasks you mention. You may not be able to carry many movies however.

Good luck in your choice. I now think the mini 4 is the best device they have created. It is not as quick as the iPad Pro but the portability can't be beat. Coupled with the apex stand ill get soon and the magic keyboard it will be my only portable computing solution. May not work for everyone but it is perfect for me.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

The 16GB version would realistically give you about 12GB of storage. I hope you don't plan on keeping any large games on there, nor many media files for offline viewing. I refuse to buy any more 16GB devices, but if you won't need that much, you can go ahead and get it.

5. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I would not do the 16GB because you will quickly run out of space. Unless this will just be used primarily for viewing without the need to keep much on the iPad. I would pay the extra $100 as someone else said. It all really depends on what your need maybe. Certainly a great price!

6. klove4252 macrumors newbie

I agree the 16GB is just too small. I'm honestly surprised they keep making these 16GB devices, but I know its because most people will pay the extra money for more than double the GB in the 64 GB version.

EDIt: Forgot to mention how great the new iPad mini 4 is. Such a fast and easy to use device. Big enough for media viewing and multitasking. The only thing I would not use it for is excel.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Get the 64gb... Bestbuy have them on sale for 64gb 399

8. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

16 Gb for me.

Simple games, photos, some music, and I'm fine with it. Games can be deleted if not being used anymore or for a long time. I do this

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

64GB or keep your $$$, you will kick yourself later if you get the 16GB.