2G 32GB ipod touch without dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kwatch, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kwatch macrumors newbie

Did anyone purchase 2G 32GB ipod touch without a dead pixel. I returned one because it hade one dead pixel. I got a replacement tonigt at bestbuy, but new one also has a dead pixel. I have two 20.1 inch LCD monitors and a notebook computer. They have no dead pixel. What's wrong with Apple's production control? Should I return it and get a new one?

2. madfresh macrumors regular

I say just keep it. It's really not going to do much harm. If you end up replacing it don't try to look for dead pixels with the new one.

3. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

From what I've been reading, dead pixels are something that you can find in the iPod Touch, but isn't something in all of them. It might just be that you were one of the "lucky" few that happened to get two with a dead pixel.

I purchased a PSP not too long ago and it had a dead pixel in the LCD. Prior to that point I didn't even know about dead pixels as I've never experienced it with another product in the past. I actually had to return 3 before I was able to get one that didn't have a problem.

It may be a bit of a hassel to keep returning, but if you are putting that kind of money out, you really want the product to be nice and new out of the box, not with imperfections right away. Some people don't mind them, but I personally wouldn't keep one that has a dead pixel, from my understanding as long as the screen has no dead pixels in the beginning, you should not get any down the road either. I find that the when my screen has a dead pixel my eyes automatically pull to that area and it tends to drive me crazy, hence the reason I returned 3 PSPs. I'm really hoping I won't have any problems with my iPod Touch, so fingers crossed. If it doesn't really bother you, then you don't need to return it, but I think the best thing it to replace it so that your nice new product is a perfect as it can be!

Enjoy!

4. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

I haven't noticed any on my 2G 32 GB iPod. I looked the screen over with a flashlight app filling the screen the red, green, and blue, and didn't see any blips.

5. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

No dead pixels on mine either. 2G 32GB Touch bought from UK Apple Store.

6. alex000it macrumors member

One year ago i returnet two itouch for the same problem, but after i saw all ipod touch in the shops had the same issue, i kept the third.
    Now i've sold it on ebay to buy the 2nd gen one... this itouch still have the same problem :eek:.
    So don't worry, its normal.
    But if you have a problem with it, return it and get the money back, because you have to be very lucky to get one without.

7. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

8. mzd macrumors 6502a

none on mine. guess i got lucky. :)
    i ordered from apple.com

9. monsieur tran macrumors newbie

dead pixels

no dead pixels in mine either (16 gig)

I WOULD have returned it otherwise. I mean, I don't have a single dead/stuck pixel on my 24 inch monitor (that's over 2 million pixels..), I don't see why we should tolerate even one on a 480x320 screen...

10. seamustry macrumors member

11. mzd macrumors 6502a

just look closely at the screen on a relatively solid light colored background.

12. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Well, as other posters have said, it's not happening to everyone but it is happening to a few people and shouldn't be happening at all.

Also, don't completely blame this on Apple; I think that it's a great possabiltiy that maybe the boxes where dropped, slammed against something, etc durring shipping.

13. dakine85 macrumors newbie

my 32gb 2g ipod touch does NOT have a dead pixel (yet anyway). so i'd suggest returning/exchanging again. might as well try for a good one while you're able to.

you can download the free flashlight app to test if you have dead/stuck pixels.

14. kwatch thread starter macrumors newbie

I returned the 2G 32GB ipod touch for the 2nd time today at bestbuy. A replacemnt does not have a dead pixel. I'm happy.

15. jbsengineer macrumors newbie

was the reason you told them "dead pixel"? did they give you any trouble?

16. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Or a relatively solid dark background. Can't a stuck pixel be any color a working pixel would be, just stuck as a single one?

17. kwatch thread starter macrumors newbie

I told them there is a dead pixel. They asked me to show it to them. They saw it, and it was exchanged. It took less than 15 minutes.

18. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

2G 8GB bought it the day after it came out - no dead ones

19. azure247 macrumors 6502

I have the 32 gb 2g ipod touch from Amazon.com. No dead pixels.