2G, best docks?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by marcha, Dec 28, 2008.

1. marcha macrumors newbie

I don't need to 'synch' my 2G every time, and I am thinking of getting a regular dock to recharge. Perhaps use it as an alarm thingy with that 'night stand' app or something.

I've been to the apple accessories pages, and I see a dock for one, a dock for two... and I read here in this forum about some other docks that are non-apple.

So what are your docks, and how do you like 'm? Where did you get 'm, what do they cost?

What should I look for in a dock, and what should I avoid?

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I've got an Ottavo, got it from Play.com for £17.99 (darn cheap) and its great quality plus an Apple certified unit plus a years warranty on it.

Comes with a remote control (bonus). Full review on my YouTube channel (see sig).

3. marcha thread starter macrumors newbie

4. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Google my sig, JBL OnStage Micro! GREAT quality, remote control, and USB connectivity. Only thing is there about £100.quality is incredible!!

5. njay macrumors newbie

I have the JBL onstage IIIp and it cost under £50 from Currys as they are on special at the moment.

Be very careful though as currys website (and stores LOL) can be a bit confusing as my local (Reading nr PCWorld) store had the IIIp out on display yet ALL the stock on display to pick up and buy is the slightly older onstage III in a white/orange box. The IIIp comes in a white/black box and they had loads but hadn't cottoned on to the fact they are different so didn't put any out on display. I.e. what you see on show isn't what you buy if you just pick the boxes up from underneath LOL

currys code for onstage III is 605062 product code on box is JBLOS3PBLKUV
    currys code for onstage IIIp is 653852 product code on box is JBLOS3PIPBLKUV

Just to highlight that currys seems to not distinguish in that the 653852 code isn't available on their website either.

Anyway - what's this got to do with anything. Well 1stly, the IIIp charges the 2nd gen for definate (mixed messages on the III as applestore says yay on the white version and not for the black?) and more importantly it doesn't suffer the interference the onstage III seems to get reported for (presume the iphone 3g compatability is helping here?). Final point is they have removed the ipod connector on the rear so it will not hook up via usb to a computer but in turn the freq response has been improved as now goes down to 70hz compared to the 100hz of the onstage 3.

Cracking kit for the £50 price and cheaper than the micro (best price I could find was £65 for that). Would like to know for curiosity though if the micro does charge the 2nd gen touch as I tried mine in the micro at house of fraser and nada. IIIp that was there charged fine though.

hth