2G cases - accessories question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by marcha, Dec 28, 2008.

1. marcha macrumors newbie

What is your preferred case for the 2G? I had a leather-ish one, non-apple. The case's edge was right around the screen and got in the way of the 'back' and 'space' and so forth buttons on the keyboard, and info buttons on apps and such. It was just too thick around the edge of the screen, even though it was convenient to have a hard leather cover to fold over the top when not in use. Sort of like a 'book cover'. My partner does like it, so he'll be taking that one over.

What are your favourite covers or cases for the 2G? Is there a difference in size between 1G and 2G (I have a 3G nano, which has a very obvious size difference with 1G and the new ones out now)? Which brands are there, which should I avoid? I'd prefer a case that does cover my screen when not in use. My nano has a case that folds over from top to bottom - the one I gave to my partner folds from left to right. I like top to bottom better.

2. marcha thread starter macrumors newbie

Just an update - I got myself a Belkin Eco case. It's a soft leather with felt lining, a top flip case with velcro to close it. The edge around the screen leaves enough space to not interfere with comfortable use and the flip-top can be folded back to allow the iPod to stand upright in 'display' position with the velcro again holding the flip-top in place so that it doesn't slide away.

3. bunnies35 macrumors newbie

There's a slight size difference between the 1G and 2G ipod touch cases.
    For me, my friend gave me [sorry I don't know which brand] a free case, silicon. It turns out her dad had an extra one, but it was a 1G. It fits fine, but one could tell that it's not fitting to the 2G. It still fits in and protects it, it's just not very firm/tight around it.

I would recommend getting a silicon, maybe a hard case, and getting the invisibleshield or a protective skin along with the outside case. It might be pricey and to me it's not that bad since I got my case for free and my parents got me the invisibleshield for christmas? This way there would be literally like no way to get the ipod Touch scratched/damaged. :p

4. marcha thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that's very useful to know.

Yeah, I've been thinking about those too. We have a regular set of those skins for general lcd screens, but they don't fit the touch's screen in length. I think that getting the proper ones would be very useful.