2G iphone,3.1.2.baseband 04.05.04

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by neomcsa, Dec 12, 2009.

1. neomcsa macrumors newbie

I have a 2G iphone,3.1.2.baseband 04.05.04 that blackrain will not install. I follow the steps to upgrade itunes, then the iphone but the baseband does not upgrade to the new baseband. So i don't see George Hotz picture and after the reboot their is no blackrain icon, any ideas?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The 2G baseband has not been updated in some time. You don't need a new baseband to jailbreak with blackra1n. Have you actually tried blackra1n? What happened? Did you get an error message?

3. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i tried the new blackrain(for windows) and when i clicked make it rain a few min later i got the donate box, then it rebooted with no blackrain icon. also i never saw george's picture, just the apple logo.

4. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

5. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

I searched the forum for this issue but being a noob, i'm not sure if an earlier version of blackrain or another unlocker would work for me, Also i forgot to mention i stopped all apple apps in task manager before running blackrain R3, I'm now lost. any suggestions?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restart your computer and try it again.
    I didnt know you needed to stop any processes to run blackrain.

7. The General macrumors 601

you don't.

1. upgrade iphone with itunes
    2. open blackra1n
    3. click the only button
    4. wait
    5. done

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

rebooted my windows computer,updated iphone, itunes said i already had 3.1.2,opened blackrain R3, clicked "make it rain". I got the connect to itunes logo(not Geohot picture) waited for the phone to reboot.checked both screens of the springboard. no blackrain icon :confused:

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Did you ever get this working?

I just upgraded my 2G from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 and then used Blackrain on it and it worked the first time. Now I'm gonna downgrade to 2.2.1 again :D

11. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

not yet,I've tried it several times with no luck. I don't get the Geohot screen on the phone for some reason, I even tried restore, then followed the blackrain process with no luck, I can build my own a PC but this has me stumped. :confused:

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I would try restoring the iPhone and then try Blackra1n again.

13. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

tried restore(with and without the sim) no Geohot picture,just the connect to itunes screen) I know the Geohot pic means It's working. I do however get the "jailbroken donate" box just no Blackrain Icon. I'll try anything at this point :confused:

14. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You can always grab the latest Pwnage tool. That will create custom firmware that you can just restore your phone too. I've used that a few times and had it work.

15. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

if i already have the latest (3.1.2)firmware and cannot upgrade the baseband because 04.05.04 is the last 2G. I'm lost as to how Pwnage tool would help. Could you explain? Thank you in advance. I'm on a windows PC, I have been reading forum\blogs until my eyes are starting to bleed.

16. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You are trying to jailbreak this phone according to what you say in the first post right? Using pwnage will jailbreak it. Just try it.

17. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Do a DFU restore to 3.1.2, then run blackra1n again. If it still doesn't work, downgrade to 3.0, and use redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock. If you must have 3.1.2, then you will then need to get a custom firmware created with PwnageTool (don't ask here, we can't link to copyrighted files) and restore to it. You won't need to unlock again, because your 2G will still be unlocked.

18. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I'm trying like the first post, whats the best tool to downgrade to 3.0, itunes will only upgrade,Right?

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Download the correct IPSW for the firmware version you want here-probably easiest to put it on your desktop

http://www.poorlad.com/iCommunity/

If on Mac, click option + restore
    If on PC, click shift + restore

Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded.

20. neomcsa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help (posts)

The last post worked like a charm, Thank you for the help,I learned alot,you guys made my day :D