2G iPhone battery dropped after full charge and no use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ljones, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ljones macrumors regular

I charged my phone last night only to wake up and see the 20% warning.

I have my email set to manual, and the only thing I can think of is some installed app, but I thought those are dead when not open.

Anyone else have this problem?

I also noticed I needed to charge the phone the other day much sooner than normal.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

My 2G iPhone wasn't even charging. I had it plugged into the wall and it was doing nothing. Then i plugged it into the computer and it still said it was on 10%.

Then i restarted the iPhone, and bam it was full. So try that if that is the same issue you had.

3. ljones thread starter macrumors regular

When i first looked at the phone this morning i noticed the indicator was down, so i decided to restart. After the restart I saw the 20% warning.

When i went to charge it yesterday the level was at about 50%. Then it charged up to full I suppose.

4. ljones thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure how but Push Services was on. maybe that was the cause, although I have my email set to manual, so nothing should have been working regardless, but maybe the services were doing something.

A coworker mentioned location services were always active, i find that hard to believe though. Anyone have any insight on that?

5. Beckybekbex macrumors newbie

this happened to me today, too. my phone would not charge when plugged into a wall socket. so I tried charging it through my computer and it is finally charging. I also rebooted, but I do not think that helped.