2G iPhone buttons: Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by California King, Aug 21, 2008.

1. California King macrumors 65816

The buttons on my original iPhone (especially the sleep/wake button) is hard to press. The buttons are sort of squishy and I don't get a satisfying click I get from a iPod Touch, for example. Is this normal? I'm sure the new iPhone doesn't have this problem!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Stop-by the nearest Apple Store and have them take a look at it. I had v1 iPhone and buttons weren't hard to press or squishy. :(

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

If they see it as a problem, is there anything they can do for me?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hopefully, it's still under warranty or you bought AppleCare. They should replace with a v1 iPhone no problem.

5. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I know the answer to this question, but should I have a non jailbroken iPhone when I walk into the store?

6. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

I once walked into an Apple store, just to check out a macbook. I have an unlocked iphone (look I travel quite a bit). So my dealer notices and throws a hissy fit and gets all mad. It was like I told him I love Windows Vista and that I plan on buying all of Apples stock only to sell it for $1, and that I also kicked a baby into a pile of puppies and then kicked the puppies.

So not a good idea, esp if you want help with the phone.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hilarious...though jailbreaking/unlocking clearly voids any support Apple will give you. I personally don't care, but you can't really expect the same level of support when you hack your device.