2g iphone plan with shared 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jazzyjustinh, Jun 29, 2008.

1. jazzyjustinh macrumors newbie

Big question for someone!

My girlfriend has the old Iphone, and I want to get the new one. Can she do a family plan and add me on? Will it cost less? Do I still have to pay extra for the 3g service?

Thanks!

2. Geffen macrumors 6502

I would think you could since AT&T has the add a line for 9.99 and then you would have to pay an addtional $30 for the 3G data plan, I would contact AT&T just to be sure.

3. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

i think so i called my at&t and they said i could it would just add the extra on the plan..and i told him on my plan i have unlimited text and he said he wasnt sure about that you can call and ask 814 868 2355

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You won't get any extra minutes for having you on the line... but it's $9.99 for another line + iPhone 3G service. If you don't talk on the phone a lot it would be worth it, but if you do then i would get your own plan unless she has a pretty high minute plan.

5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

got off the phone a few minutes ago, and it appears that familytalk users still get the 200 text messages on the voice plan, so essentially you'd probably be paying $40/mo for everything unless you need more texts.