2g Iphone won't Turn on after Home Button Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by prop7459, Nov 26, 2009.

1. prop7459 macrumors newbie

Ok guys, my home button broken a couple months back and I have been using the Big Boss close button app. Yesterday I decided to change the home button and took the phone apart. I sucessfully change the home and did a quick test while the phone was charging. I put on the black cover and unplug the phone from the wall. The phone won't turn on at all unless its plug in charging. I took the phone apart again to see if pull off one of the battery wires to communication board but everything is intact. I put the phone back to together and I have the same results with phone only turning on while charging to the wall. If unplug the phone from charging it shut off automatically. I thinking I shorted the battery. The battery does shows its charging since I have the numeric battery display. If I shorted the battery shouldn't I receive an message regarding battery not found or something? I haven't done hard and soft reset yet but is their any other option to test if the battery is not fried. Also the battery was fully charge right before I took the phone apart.

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

How good are your soldering skills on a 2G phone? I have seen alot of bad soldering on batteries in my time and I guess that could be the problem.