2G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fireman13, Aug 4, 2009.

1. fireman13 macrumors 6502

So I was on Craigslist yesterday looking for an iPhone 2G for my wife. I found one for $200 and offered the guy $150.00 and he took it. The phone is in immaculate shape. Usually the older iphones that I see are all beat up, but this one is in great shape.
    There is no real point to this thread, except to say that I am so happy to have this phone in my possession again. I had it for about 3 months and then traded up for the 3G which I currently still own. There has been something about this original one that kept calling me back to it.

Needless to say, I'm glad I was able to get back a piece of Apple history and in such good shape. Now lets hope my wife understands how important this phone was to Apples line up, and keeps it in great shape.
    It's already in a case with a screen shield and I know I will be the one cleaning and babying it because she doesn't care anything about any of that.

Well that was it, just wanted to share my enjoyment. Please don't flame me for creating a new thread about an old phone. I just wanted to share my excitement.
    Thanks.
    Matt.
    Firefighter ENFD

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why would anyone bother flaming a firefighter? ;)

3. Ericatomars macrumors regular

Thats Awesome, Hope Both You And Her Enjoy The Phone....

4. fireman13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha... Nice.

5. fireman13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Yeah I've been happy for about a year and a half. She's just now getting on board but she is really excited.
    I told her I bought if for her, but really I bought it for me. I just wanted that phone back. That Aluminum back just does something for me. It matches the rest of my Apple gear.

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

2G iPhones ftw. I love the metal backing on them, just feels so much nicer than the plastic backs of the newer models.

Congrats on getting the wife a 2G iPhone.

7. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Any good pictures of the back of the device OP?

8. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

they really are classics also, I will be keeping mine for life, I think it's just a great little thing and the metal back makes it much more of a premium product

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

[​IMG]

11. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

That is one of the funnier pictures I have seen in a long while.

12. fireman13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys for the comments!
    I would love to post some pictures of it but I am on shift today, and it has been one crazy day. Maybe when I get home tomorrow, I'll be able to post some pics.

That was one funny picture Krafty. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it after this day.