Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mypeche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Hello everyone, I have a 2g RED iPod Nano which I love that is being problematic.

The click wheel pad that functions with the lightest touch "sticks" now. For instance, when you move the wheel fast through the list of artists highlights of the letter a-# will pop up. But because my wheel sticks with quick stops through the scroll, none of the search letters pop up. And when you tap the click wheel lightly, you can feel the button give a little- I don't think it did that before.

My nano is in very good condition, I've never dropped it or anything. It's only been a few months since I bought it and is still under warranty. Is this something I can fix or do I have to take it to the genius bar? I tried rebooting the thing, no success.

I'm worried that Apple won't cover the expenses to fix it. :(

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Hello everyone, I have a 2g RED iPod Nano which I love that is being problematic.

The click wheel pad that functions with the lightest touch "sticks" now. For instance, when you move the wheel fast through the list of artists highlights of the letter a-# will pop up. But because my wheel sticks with quick stops through the scroll, none of the search letters pop up. And when you tap the click wheel lightly, you can feel the button give a little- I don't think it did that before.

My nano is in very good condition, I've never dropped it or anything. It's only been a few months since I bought it and is still under warranty. Is this something I can fix or do I have to take it to the genius bar? I tried rebooting the thing, no success.

I'm worried that Apple won't cover the expenses to fix it. :(

If its significant enough , get it replaced or fixed. But go to the genius bar anway. I think they will do something about it , maybe its the firmware for the most part and not the device being faulty.

mypeche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
If its significant enough , get it replaced or fixed. But go to the genius bar anway. I think they will do something about it , maybe its the firmware for the most part and not the device being faulty.

It's pretty strange, I've tried restarting the ipod but no change. I am going to take it to the store in hopes that they'll do something after the holiday.

But, tragically, as I type this I'm ticked off at myself because I dropped my precious ipod from my bed. I have a hard contour casing on it but of course the only part of the ipod that is exposed (area of the hold button) hit the metal railing of my bed. It is now dented. What are the odds. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.