2g ipod touch and Nike + Amp(watch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dtg322s, Sep 21, 2008.

1. dtg322s macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to get the Nike +Amp watch to work with the 2g ipod touch? Or how to disable the built in Nike +?
    Many thanks,
    Dan G.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Pretty sure it works - should be somewhere in the Nike settings under "Remotes."

3. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Built in Nike+ is, by default (new off the package) turned off on the 2G touch. You need to manually turn it on. To turn it off/on, go to settings and then on the bottom is the Nike + iPod setting.

4. dtg322s thread starter macrumors newbie

I can get to the settings for Nike + but there is nothing to calibrate a remote.
    When I plug the dongle it says that it cannot use it because it is already built in. Uuuugh

5. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I don't think the remote is supported by the Touch.

6. mpshay macrumors 6502

It looks like it's now supported, but I can't get mine to work. Anybody able to link the Amp+ as a remote?

7. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

You don't need the dongle. It works wirelessly with the sensor in the show. Only the nano's use the dongle.

8. mpshay macrumors 6502

I'm not trying to use the dongle. Had no problems with the sensor for the shoe but can't get the Amp+ (watch) to work

9. zoodan macrumors newbie

I couldn't get it to work either.

I couldn't get the remote watch to work either. I'd like to know if somebody did.