2G iPod touch battery life very bad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lapino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. lapino macrumors regular

I've noticed my 2nd gen iPod Touch loses battery capacity very fast. I have a feeling this is since putting the latest firmware on it, but I'm not sure. Even when I leave the iPod touch on standby (screen off), it almost completely loses its charge over night. Anything I can do about this?

2. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

I could be because of multitasking combined with an old battery.

3. NathanA macrumors 6502a

2nd-gen doesn't have multitasking with 4.x.

...that is, unless the OP jailbroke it.

-- Nathan

4. JARMOB macrumors newbie

Reset to factory defaults

Hi,
    i had the same problem and solved it. My iPod 2G was nearly empty after the night. I had this problem since iOS 4.0. After restoring to factory defaults via iTunes and resynching (not restore from backup instead treat is a new iPod) everything is fine.

5. Phayz macrumors member

I think it is because when push notifications are on, the ipod maintains a constant connection with a wi-fi hotspot, so drains the battery very quickly. Try to turn all of your push notifications off (email, fb etc) or turn the wifi off to see if this is the problem.

6. jennyap macrumors newbie

Yep, that's been the answer for me.

I found that with mine, it used to drop the wifi connection when locked. Since one of the more recent firmware updates, the wifi is always on. I found the easiest solution is to switch into airplane mode when I don't need to be online (one less step than getting to the wifi on/off option ;))