2G Touch w/ iOS 4.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theneisesguy, Nov 22, 2010.

1. theneisesguy macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone has seen documentation, or had experience, with iOS 4.2 improving battery life in the second-generation iPod Touch?

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

iTunes software update doesn't even let mine update. Says 4.1 is the latest available.

3. ahavriluk macrumors member

I want to know too. going to update and test. otherwise I am moving back to 3.x

4. ahavriluk macrumors member

I can confirm that battery life is not improved in 2nd gen iPod touch with WI-FI on. It drains battery over night. Drives me nuts... I have always remember to turn it off.

5. theneisesguy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd downgrade to 3.1.3, but iTunes says my wife's iPod is not compatible with the 3.1.3 restore firmware. Totally peeved. Of course, if Apple would just pull its thumb out and introduce a Verizon iPhone already, the iPod could just be handed down to our son as a game machine.

6. Kevenly macrumors regular

Kevenly

There is a big change on mine. Holding an icon to go into "jiggle" mode now causes a 10 second or more lock-up until the jiggling starts. Then, to exit jiggle mode, I press home button and the ipod locks up for about 15-20 seconds and then finally goes back to normal. It's horrible. Thankfully this isn't something I do a lot of but when you do need to delete or move something it's AWFUL. I saw someone else mention this problem somewhere but I haven't been able to find the post, or if anyone found a solution.. or if it's just the way it is now.

7. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Mine has much improved battery life with 4.2.
    It was good with 3.x, but 4.0 drained it like crazy.
    Not sure if it's as good as it was with 3.x, but it's way better.