2G touch warranty from SAMs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saberahul, Apr 11, 2009.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

Bought my touch from SAMs over the summer last year. It stopped working so I was able to get a replacement for the 2G.
    I currently have the touch rebel case on there. If I were to take the case of and use the ipod, the back will get scratched right? If so, would SAMs still accept the touch if something were to go wrong?
    I have a 5 yr warranty on this product... I just don't want them to say "your back is scratched so this voids the warranty."

Any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Most hardware manufacturers and resellers do not count cosmetic damage as voiding the warranty. This, of course, depends on the severity and location. I mean, if it looks like you let it dangle by the headphones and drag along asphalt/concrete with someone stepping on the screen to keep it down...you get the idea. But minor scuffs/scratches that may build up but don't otherwise affect the usage of the device are not going to ding you when its time to claim a within-warranty repair/replacement.

3. UFGators2000 macrumors newbie

Saberahul, I work at Sam's, and used to work in Electronics.

You are allowed to return ANYTHING you buy, no questions asked, doesn't matter how mangled the product is. The only items that have time limits are computers, which are 6 months. People bring 3 year old tvs back, so yes, you can bring your ipod back.

Hell, you can refund your warranty too, cuz they are useless. If something happens to the ipod, bring it back and exchange it, you don't need a warranty to do that. Warranties there are a waste of money.

This is why I bought my ipod, tv, and Wii from Sam's. Hell, if they sold cars I'd prolly be able to bring it back!