2G ultrasn0w issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philstone, Jul 27, 2010.

1. philstone macrumors 6502

Hi,

My dad's using my old 2G - he'd been using it for about a year now using ultrasn0w and had been on 3.1.2 for a few months with no problem.

Out of the blue yesterday it said No sim - tried removing and re-inserting no difference - same with another sim..

So we restored it this morning with a pwn'd 3.1.2 jb ipsw, installed ultasn0w but still gets no sim - anyone had this before? Its starting to look like a hw failure...?

Cheers

Phil

2. lakshi macrumors regular

I think its hardware, get someone to open up your phone and check the pin connectors. I had a couple of pieces with the same problem. I then got someone to open up my phone and rectify the sim pin connectors. good luck

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Ultrasn0w doesn't unlock the iPhone 2G. Search for BootNeuter in Cydia. Install it and a new app will be installed. Open it and make sure the unlock switch is turned to "on". "Neuter" Also needs to be set as "on". And "Fakeblank" is "off". Hit the "Flash" button on the top right corner and let it do it's thing. Your phone will now be unlocked.
    If you searched for BootNeuter in Cydia and nothing showed up, post back here.