2G updated, re-jailbreak and unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anthdci, Sep 23, 2009.

1. anthdci macrumors 6502

Im trying to jailbreak (in order to unlock) my friends Iphone 2G. It was running 2.2.1 and he was happy, until he stupidly accidentally updated it. The main trouble we have is that the phone was originally bought in the USA, and is now being used in the UK, and we do not have an AT&T sim card. Ive tried to use redsn0w and pwnage tool and im not getting very far. Ive tried restoring it to 2.2.1 using restore in itunes so i can use pwnage tool, i get "error 1600". 3.0 goes on fine i can use redsn0w and it seems to work, it picks up the o2 sim card and signal but needs activating in itunes, which it wont do, saying its the wrong sim card.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    When you are running redsn0w make sure you check "activate" that way the phone will be hacktivated. Or just use Pwnage Tool, and update it to 3.1.

3. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

Where is the option in redsn0w to hacktivate? on the second screen ive got the options to install cydia, install icy and unlock.

EDIT: i dont own a mac everything is getting done under windows

4. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

ive sort it using quickpwn and going back to 2.0.2, trying to update to 3.0 now.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I used PwnageTool 3.1 so I can increase the OS partition to a gig, and use a custom boot logo.