2g upgrade to iPhone 4 - need help with porting numbers & plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ServiceTag, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ServiceTag macrumors member

lately got into ATT bad signal nightmare at my home with one bar or "no service" on both 2g iphones. Apple checked both phones, saying nothing wrong, even batteries are in perfect condition. Called ATT multiple times, no help either.
    So only hope were new iPhone 4's which I picked up yesterday at RS. Since I wasn't sure if it's going to solve my problem I just added two new numbers to my family plan thinking I am going to return them if the signal sucks. But to my surprise iPhone 4 is really working better and I would like to keep it.
    Now reading all posts about 2g unlimited data plans I'm kind of confused how to do it properly keeping my old phone numbers. I am sure they can do it in ATT store, but is there better way since I have a couple new 2g sim on hand?
    TIA

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Hmm, I would say go back to radioshack and return the phones but rebuy them and upgrade your existing phones. Radioshack can keep your old unlimited plan, although it costs more now. Initially they switched me to the enterprise data plan but were able to switch me back to the regular 3G unlimited iphone plan.

3. ServiceTag thread starter macrumors member

Oops, am I screwed up already? I was thinking about the 2g upgrade but guy in RS told me there shouldn't be a problem to porting iphone4s to my old numbers w/o loosing my original plan even unlimited DP? Is that right or not?

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

Hmm, I think you can return and upgrade. But I think the data and text plans are more expensive then the original iphones. You should be able to keep the unlimited data though.

5. solius macrumors regular

Hey if you want to sell your iphone 2g let me know im in the market for one.

6. ServiceTag thread starter macrumors member

Oh men, so only way is to return and upgrade to keep my unlimited plan & cost the same?