2gb of music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Che Castro, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is this enough for you ?
    Would you like to see more storage on the next Apple watch ?

And do you already know what albums/songs your going to put on the 2gb Apple watch

I'm guessing you have to sync the Apple watch to iTunes to add the music ?
    If so how

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

All syncing is done through the Companion App. :apple:Watch doesn't connect to iTunes.

[​IMG]

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

2GB will be enough whilst Apple offers 2GB, it's the correct amount.

When this is changed to 4GB, this new amount will be exactly right and all you need. 2GB was limited

Following on from this, 8GB will be the next change, at which point, this new level will be the amount it should of been all along, 4G was too small, and 2GB was just silly.

In years to come we will find 16GB is the ideal size. 8 was not enough for most people, 4 was never enough, and OMG you remember the 1st model only had 2!

:D

4. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I heard on the last vergecast the lady who did the review with the camera in her head was talking about using iTunes to put music on the watch
    She went running with just the watch and Bluetooth headphones & left her iphone at home

5. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Yes, that's more than enough. That's ~2000 minutes of decent quality audio. It will outlast the watch battery.

6. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

Exactly, and who is going to listen to more than 2000 hours of music on a single/run/bike ride? The whole point of the internal storage isn't to replace your iPhone/iPod; it's to be used in situations where it is inconvenient to carry a phone/media player, such as a run.

7. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Well said!

8. Wildgift macrumors 6502

9. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

Exactly. This is the number one reason I'm getting the :apple: Watch. Carrying around my 6+ at the gym is becoming a bore. 2 gigs is plenty.

10. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

I don't understand why there isn't just internal memory you can use. I would rather have 2GB of photos than music.

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Given the battery issues of the watch, and the large storage of the iphoen , I'd just play some headphones into the phone

12. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Why keep a bunch of pictures on the watch?

It'd make more sense to keep them on your phone. Much higher quality with a bigger screen (so I see why they limited that more -- it's kinda pointless). Music is something that more people will use with bluetooth headphones while jogging or working out.

13. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

Well I guess I'll always have 2GB of free storage on my apple watch I'd rather have some important photos on my watch than music. I have no Bluetooth headphones.

14. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

The real question, if I work out with watch and iPhone, can I access iTunes Match and choose from my entire library?

15. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

More GB is just convenience to keep our electronic file junkyard on the watch and never have to prune any of it.

And whatever GB or feature Apple did not include would be a selling point for the next version - whether it's needed or not - most are nice haves

16. xtina! macrumors newbie

I am wondering this too

17. sterl320 macrumors 6502

......what?

18. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

He's basically saying that the average person will take what they are given and be happy with it.

It's only tech heads on sites like this that get their undies in a bunch over the details.

19. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

If the watch can act as a remote for the music app, and the music app gets iTunes Match, I would have to imagine you can access your library from your watch

20. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

A lot of people refer to the music app as iTunes.

21. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Unless there's a way to wirelessly sync over wifi, although I think you are probably right. You sync via the companion app.

22. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

2,000 minutes, not 2,000 hours. However, I think even 2,000 minutes is overstating things by quite a bit. I made a smart playlist in iTunes that randomly selected songs downloaded from the iTunes store, up to a limit of 2GB. It contains 288 songs, or 1,016 minutes. Depending on song length and bit rate, I would say 2GB is probably going to be between 200 and 300 songs.

I think that's a fine amount, mind you. I have my doubts that I will ever even use this feature because I have no bluetooth headphones and never go anywhere without my phone. But we need to know what the actual situation is before we can discuss the issue.

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

As per my posted pic, all syncing is done through the Companion App. You will not see or mount the :apple:Watch in iTunes. It will all be through you iPhone.

24. TechTalk macrumors newbie

Can't wait to try the Watch App seems like the customization is endless...