Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legacy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2005
London
It makes a difference! I just bought another 1GB stick in my MacBook for £17 (Crucial) now I have two matched pairs and expose, stacks and transitions are all that bit smoother..

So Intel Mini/MacBooks with GMA, go for 2Gigs!

tjmrpm04

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Richmond, VA
I noticed a huge difference in time for install. I have an iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM (2x1GB PC 5300) and I just bought my father in law a new 20" iMac with the same specs except it just has a Single 1 GB stick in. Anyway, running the drop in disk for his machine took over 2 hours to install. I ran an Archive and Install on my iMac (expecting it to take longer because I was archiving and then installing) and it took about 45 minutes. I was very shocked that it would be that big of a difference in time. However, I do have to say that after the inital install, they both seem much peppier (is that a word?) than my iMac was running Tiger.

It makes a difference! I just bought another 1GB stick in my MacBook for £17 (Crucial) now I have two matched pairs and expose, stacks and transitions are all that bit smoother..

So Intel Mini/MacBooks with GMA, go for 2Gigs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.