2gb To 4gb On Sl A Big Difference?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by veo321, Jan 27, 2010.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I have a Macbook White Early 2009 (February) and I would like to upgrade my RAM from 2GB TO 4GB I am quite the multi-tasker I usually have Adium, Google Chrome, iTunes, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro open and maybe even Word or Powerpoint. As you can imagine things get slow and my computer gets hot I recently purchased a Hardrive from OWC , I tried buying RAM from Crucial which sucked and worked for about 4 seconds then started beeping and they told me it was broken (don't comment on how it wasn't because it was). I was thinking of buying some from OWC can someone give me a link for some that should work for my computer? :confused:

Thanks in Advance

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

The irony is that there is a strong chance that you will get Micron (Crucial) RAM from OWC too, as they stock RAM from numerous manufacturers. My last order from OWC was for RAM for my 13.3" MBP. I selected their cheapest 2x2 GB option, and I got Micron RAM. FWIW I've had MORE problems with RAM from OWC (their "generic" brand) than with Crucial.

You got unlucky; it happens. I would've just let Crucial make things right...you have to ship the faulty parts back to them anyway...

3. presence06 macrumors member

presence06

Is it better to go through a vender like Newegg and pic your memory rather than deal with OWC? I can get 4GB (2gbx2) for less on newegg.