2K and 4K video on iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by moxxham, Nov 19, 2015.

1. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

Does anybody know how to get 4K or 2K video onto the iPad pro? Nothing from my camera seems to be compatible. Does it only accept 4K video from the iPhone 6S?

Also, 1080p looks kind of disappointing on the Pro due to the higher screen resolution. Does the videos app support 2K video?

Thanks guys

2. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Here is what is shown at the iPad Pro specs page:

3. moxxham thread starter macrumors 6502

moxxham

Thanks, strangely, iMovie won't even let me edit my 4K files, even though that's one of the new features

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I was able to get 2k and 4K video to play on my iPad Pro, but those were just videos downloaded off YouTube transferred over via Aidrop. But it didn't look like 4K quality, so I'm guessing it downscales them to 1080p, which is a bummer and a complete waste of screen resolution.

5. moxxham thread starter macrumors 6502

moxxham

Yea I don't understand why they don't allow native play back. Would love to watch YouTube videos in 4K

6. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

So...if you shoot a 4k video on your iPhone, and you upload it via iCloud Photo Library, and download it on iPad Pro...what resolution is it?

7. moxxham thread starter macrumors 6502

moxxham

Don't quote me on it, but it appears that it will download in 4K but play in 1080p.