2nd / 3rd generation iPod touch to a 6th generation iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Abbs727, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Abbs727 macrumors newbie

Abbs727

So I only own iPods and iPads as far as Apple products go nowadays. I currently have a 2nd or 3rd generation iPod touch. I'm sure it'll never update further than 6.1 iOS. And there's some apps that you can't use on the older generation iPod Touches.

I read in another thread about someone wanting buy a 6th gen and did eventually buy a 6th gen ipod touch.

I'm most likely going use it for both apps and music. I hear the battery isn't great? :/ I've already ordered my iPod Touch. Just want to hear people's opinions on the 6th generation iPod Touch, I guess.

My phone doesn't have enough GB to put music on it.

2. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

I love mine, which I just received. It is so lite in weight, which I like. Battery is of no consequence to me since I only use it for Music and keep is plugged into my vehicle when using it.

3. drysdalk macrumors member

Hi,

What you've heard is probably pretty accurate. Aside from battery life (which is really very poor), it's an excellent device that can handle all aspects of the current release of iOS without any problems. I certainly don't regret purchasing mine, which is a little over a year old and was bought to replace a 5th. generation iPod touch.