2nd alert on calendar appointments

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by liferules, Dec 11, 2008.

1. liferules macrumors member

When I 1st bought my Touch, appointments would have the option of having a 2nd alert, which I liked. Now, I don't see that option. Anyone have an idea what happened to them? I liked them because I could have it remind me of an appointment a day ahead, for instance, and then 15 minutes before...

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Curiously, what rev is your software on it? On my 1G it's 1.1.5 and I do not have a 2nd Alert option and I THINK I upgraded the software just once from the original purchase back in April.

Mike

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's odd. I have it on my iPod and phone... Have you already enabled the first alert? The second option doesn't pop up until you have the first one set.

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I sit corrected then. I DO have a 2nd alert option on both my 1G and 2G Touch's.

I never used the alerts and only recently started using the calendar on both (synched to Outlook on my work PC) and never knew of a 2nd alert/reminder.

Mike

5. liferules thread starter macrumors member

I tried again and I cannot get the 2nd alert to come up. I have several appointment created and have alerts already but no 2nd alert option. I even created a new alert on the Touch and again, no 2nd alert...

Not sure what the deal is... FYI, its a 2G touch version 2.2 (5G77a)...

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

The calendar appointments drive me nuts. I sync with Yahoo calendar, and If I set an e-mail alert on Yahoo calendar, I wind up with two e-mails; one from Yahoo and one from iCal. It is very confusing!