Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
After lots of reading and searching on here I have discovered the power support flat bumper is deemed the best bumper for iPhone 5. While I do really like this bumper the price tag and shipping are a bit much. So I am curious to see what you guys would pick as the 2nd best bumper.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
After lots of reading and searching on here I have discovered the power support flat bumper is deemed the best bumper for iPhone 5. While I do really like this bumper the price tag and shipping are a bit much. So I am curious to see what you guys would pick as the 2nd best bumper.

I have the flat bumper and I am also a fan of the bumper by caze.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Mobc via amazon . Check it out . I actually like it better than the power support I have both . This one looks just like the apple ones and quality is great . Made from Japan as well . So you know its good quality .

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011

caze thin edge is the second best.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Power support is 2nd best for one. It broke via wear and tear but luckily I replaced it with an AL13, which is no doubt the best bumper I've used. I also didn't think the packaging could be better then the power support until I've seen this...

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Power support is 2nd best for one. It broke via wear and tear but luckily I replaced it with an AL13, which is no doubt the best bumper I've used. I also didn't think the packaging could be better then the power support until I've seen this...

I've read many places the AL13 causes very serve signal decrease. Like a 20% drop. What have you found? Have you noticed any decrease in signal?

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I've read many places the AL13 causes very serve signal decrease. Like a 20% drop. What have you found? Have you noticed any decrease in signal?

I agree, any alliumuim case drops the signal. I find it hasn't severely dropped it but it has made a small impact. It's just such a nice case though.

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I agree, any alliumuim case drops the signal. I find it hasn't severely dropped it but it has made a small impact. It's just such a nice case though.

interesting. Can you post some pics please.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I stay away from metal cases because of signal degradation. With that out of the way, I believe the best bumper case for the iPhone 5 is:

iPhone 5 Case Neo Hybrid EX Slim Vivid

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-vivid.html

iPhone 5 white

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-snow.html

Unlike most bumpers, this one look like its actually part of the phone with a very elegant look. I'm very pleased and it doesn't affect my signal. :)

omghilly

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2013
Zagg Perimeter Bumper

Actually, the best bumper I've come across in all honesty was the Zagg Perimeter case [Here]

Aside from this, I previously had an SGP Hybrid Ultraslim bumper, which was nice....but it made the phone "feel" wider and thicker. Though the Zagg may seem oversimplified, I assure you it's absolutely perfect for an individual like myself. It has the most minimal amount of "Lay on the face" raise, and as such, little "height" is added to the front side of the phone. On the back side, is more than ample raise to prevent laying on the phone. It's a great grab.

Photos over here.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
As far as bumpers < $10 go, the elago S5 Bumper.
6Jzfe08.jpg

TylerWhite56

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2013
Speaking of the Power Support Bumper, Does anybody know if Elementcase's suede backplate would work with it? I noticed it had a lifted back design and was just curious. If so, I may have to purchase it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.