2nd best case for cyclists?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by caligurl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

OK..... i already know that the otterbox defender is the best case.... but it's not really change friendly from what i can see.... and it's overly bulky to want to just leave it on post ride.... sooooo

what would be the 2nd best choice for protecting the iphone while out on the bike and having the iphone in the rear pocket of a jersey?

thanx!

2. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!

i understand what you are talking about... I'd be interested to know also... i've seen a clear waterproof "box" the you put PDA's/iphones in, it just has a flap/lock on a hinge that you open and close... i'll try to drum it up....

i'll be watching the thread...

Edit: (kind of what i'm talking about but i've seen them with a clear front)
    http://www.pelican-case.com/ipod-cases.html

3. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

this one is easy in easy out.... keep it in your "slim" case and just place it in here mounted to your bike.... easy to get to when your out and a bout on the bike....
    http://www.pelican-case.com/i1015.html

4. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

5. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

those are really cool.... and being waterproof would definitely offer protection from sweat! but they seem bulky! it's bad enough putting the iphone in your rear pocket after being used to a little flip phone! (and my pockets are really tiny cuz, of course they get smaller the smaller the jersey!)

i was wonder about something more along the lines of a switcheasy colors that included the bottom and earphone jack plugs plus easy to put on.... but i'm not sure if that case and those plugs offer enough protection from sweat? or if there was something else other than the otterbox that will offer protection....

that new link would be great for swimmers!