2nd best os

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailibur, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kailibur macrumors member

so i know ios is and probably always will be king of the hill, so now i am wondering which os (operating system) comes in 2nd. i know already blackberry os is dead worst. so after ios, who is next in line to the throne of os?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Umm pretty much the only other OS anyone uses...Android

3. jakewalsh123 macrumors newbie

I really like the look and feel of windows phone 7. If contract was cheaper than iPhone i would happily switch to a phone using that OS.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

iOS>Android>WebOS that's what I use and I really dislike w7 OS.

5. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

iOS >= webOS > Windows Phone 7 > Android > Blackberry > Symbian, etc.

6. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Android and then WP7.

I have no doubts that WP7 won't be the best OS come this time next year though, or at least it'll be the best OS for my needs. :)

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

WebOS because I think QNX is the better OS. Neither are as smooth as iOS due to limited hardware or because they are newer and more "buggy." Just a shame QNX and webOS got overlooked due to lack of popularity, apps, and late timing. Apple and Google will likely take cues from their superior multi-tasking someday.

PlayBook vs TouchPad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8AYZlBebRU

1. QNX
    2. webOS
    3. iOS
    4. MeeGo?
    5. WP7
    6. Android
    7. Maemo
    8. Symbian (thanks to Anna)
    9. BB OS 7
    10. Bada

You can say iOS is the most stable, has the most quality apps, and has the best ecosystem though. But the best? I don't know. Too static. Android gets the best hardware.

Best is NOT equal to popularity or we would be saying The Spice Girls are better than Black Sabbath and Nirvana because they sold more records.

I think Android is behind WP7 when it comes to "best." Who knows if MeeGo surpasses iOS, WP7, and Android since it takes different elements from each one. Too bad MeeGo is DOA.

8. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

9. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I'm loving me some WP7. Microsoft have engineered possibly the smoothest OS I've used yet and it's really simple to use.

For now, I do see myself sticking with Android primarily.