2nd Gen: can't connect to WiFi after 1st attempt

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GCY, Oct 2, 2008.

1. GCY macrumors regular

Its a minor problem but its starting to bug the hell outta me. I can't connect to any WiFi on the first attempt. It recognized my connection just fine but never actually connects. I'll have to press the home button, go back into setting, disconnect, and reconnect for it to work.

Anyone else having this problem on their 2nd gen? Any idea to fix this problem?

2. ThisIsMyName macrumors regular

ThisIsMyName

happens to me too.. and ive seen many threads like this

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Same but my problem is easily fixed by turning on wifi, let it find connection, then turn it off, then turn it back on. No need to go back out to the home page.

4. GCY thread starter macrumors regular

So it seems like its just a glitch on apple's part right?
    Hopefully theres a firmware update soon.

5. worldaviator macrumors newbie

Yep, happens to me too. Frustrating. I shouldn't have to do this to connect to a network.

6. Obama macrumors member

7. GCY thread starter macrumors regular

ok so heres the deal. After buying the touch, I just have a feeling I would not be happy with it and eventually would want an iphone again. So I just got a used 1st gen iphone and called apple to return the touch. I described the issue to them and told them it was the reason I'm returning it.(No restocking fee, free return)

I restored the touch and bam it's all fixed! Connects just fine on the first attempt. Now can I get in trouble with apple for "supposedly" lying about a problem? Since it's all fixed and if apple decides to test it, I will be at fault right?