2nd gen iPod touch stuck - please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dk143, Apr 16, 2011.

1. dk143 macrumors member

My 2nd gen iPod touch shows the screen which says to connect to iTunes. But when I do so, iTunes says it can't connect because the device is locked with a passcode.

If I hold the sleep button to turn off, the "slide to power off" screen appears, but the touch screen doesnt seem to respond, ie it won't let me slide or cancel.

Have also tried a hard reset, but after doing so, it still goes back to the connect to iTunes screen.

So basically I can't do anything with it! Would be more than happy to restore it to factory settings but can't even do that.

Can someone please help?!

2. Ringo-Chan macrumors member

Ringo-Chan

ok can you see your ipod in itunes then you can reset it and see if it works
    or just totally random wait till it runs out of power then plug it in see if it works i never had these problems nor have the same gen so see if it works

3. dk143 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I've managed to successfully restore it to factory settings, but although the screen lights up and displays the lock screen, it does not respond to any touches at all! I can't unlock and I can't turn off.

What now? Is the touch screen broken?

4. codman1004 macrumors member

Hold the top button for 10 seconds then the squared button on the front for 5 seconds it should shut off. Then hold the top button until you see the apple logo then it should come back on.

5. dk143 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I can now turn it off, but on re-start, the touch screen still doesn't work.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you haven't backed up your iPod recently, do so and then restore from within iTunes.

7. dk143 thread starter macrumors member

Have already restored to factory settings, just can't do anything now because the touch screen doesn't work.

8. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Oops, my bad, I hadn't read that. Unfortunately if you have issues with the touch interface after a successful restore, it is hardware at fault.