2nd Gen iTouch runs down overnight

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lakecharles, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Lakecharles macrumors newbie

I have searched the forums and can't seem to find a discussion concerning an issue I have so I thought I would ask; here is my problem: I use my iTouch nightly to play something while I am going to sleep. Usually it's something in a play list that is anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour and a half... never more. Lately I have noticed that when I get up in the morning the itouch will be totally run down. It acted this way for several weeks... and then all of a sudden it was working normally again... looked to be totally charged - and I could expect it to not have to be charged for a whole week. Now, it has started again... running down very rapidly.

Let me say that I do not have the repeat function on nor can I find anything that is running. Can anyone give me any advise as to what might be causing this to happen? I am at wits end!

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

If its connected to wifi and thats constantly on receiving e-mails and facebook updates and such that could be causing it to drain quickly.

3. Lakecharles thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have the wifi on

Thanks Lucus,

I checked and I do have the wifi on... although, I don't remember turning it on or off... and the problem starting. I surely haven't been turning it on or off lately... and the unit went from acting up to normal - now back to acting up - discharging quickly.

At any rate I turned the wifi off and will watch it and see what happens; thank you so much for the quick reply!

4. waynep macrumors 6502

Is the playlist set to repeat . . . all night maybe?

5. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

If it isn't wifi, then it could be a problem with the software. My iPod ran down without wifi or bluetooth on, etc. overnight with iOS 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. Sucks. At least now it's fixed without any apparent reason.

6. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

My 2G iPod Touch has the same problem. Sadly, I think its cause its such an old iPod. But this only happens to me if the battery is at under 30%. But overnight it usually drops about 20%-30%.