Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
my ipod touch 2g keeps on geting the white screen of death after it turns off
when i turn it on it has the white screen of death i hav to do the power switch and menu solution a ocupl times beofre it works what can i do to fix this? thanks in advance

diogojg20

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
Restore your Ipod that already happened to me... You should restore to the newest firmware that is 4.2.1....

chudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
stil did the white screen of death for 2 seconds then flikered a light purple screen went to a blak screen i presed home buton nd turned on is ther anyway i can totaly get this off?

chudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
nevermind it stil does it the same as it used to now it flikers from white screen to the light purple blue after i turn it off nd then atempt to turn it on it does it for a coupl seconds turns off then works so yah is ther anyway i can make sure to get that thing out all the way

chudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
first time from existing second time from new both times was same

chudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
i thought maybe jailbreaking it would do some help but it didnt can anyone help me out with this plz i meen thers like 280 views on this thread nd stil no answer does anyone know how to fix the white screen?

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Sounds to me like you have run out of charge cycles on your battery pack. have you used iTunes to reset your Touch, try that. If your battery pack is absolutely gone this may not work either because of the way the power is routed into the main board everything goes throught the battery. You then have two choices a new Touch, or send it to an outfit like Digiexpress and have them replace the battery. Digiexpress charges a flat 25 dollars plus parts for all of the work they do. A new battery for your Touch will cost about $20 dollars. This is where my 2G is going when it comes time to change out it's battery.

http://www.digiexpress.us/iPod-Touch-2G_c_33.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.