2nd gen Shuffle not bookmarking podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Bjohnson33, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Bjohnson33 macrumors 6502

I've had a 2nd gen shuffle since Christmas, and over the past month I've noticed that if I listen to podcasts on the shuffle and then re-sync it with my computer, iTunes doesn't register the fact that I've listened to it at all. It's just a bit annoying - not a major inconvenience. Has anyone else had this problem? I've searched the web for similar complaints but haven't turned up anything. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

2. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

I'm not 100% percent sure I understand your question, but i'll answer what I believe you are asking.

Are you referring to the 'Last Played' column on itunes not showing that you listened to it? I've had the same problem with music, but realized that you have to listen to the entire song for it to register as a 'Last Played' song/podcast. So if there is a 1 minute part at the end of the song/podcast where it's just (for example) static, you have to listen to the whole thing without pressing next to advance to the next song (I think you can fast forward the song close to the end without going to far so that it jumps to the next song as well).

So, if this is what you were asking, I hoped this helped. So just remember listen to the ENTIRE song/podcast without pressing next to advance to the next song and it should register as being played.

Matt

3. Bjohnson33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Matt, but that's not quite was I was getting at. For example, I'll transfer a new, unlistened to episode of Diggnation onto my shuffle and listen to it while I'm out on a run. Let's say I've only listened to half of it by the time I get back. When I sync the Shuffle with iTunes, I should be able to click on that same episode in my iTunes library and pick up listening from where I left off. Instead iTunes doesn't even register that it has been played at all. When I play it, it starts right at the beginning of the episode as if it was brand new. Is that more clear?

4. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

Yes, that is more clear. However, I don't have much experience with Podcasts so i'm afraid I cannot help you with this. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you shortly.

Matt