2nd Gen Touch freezes iTunes when connected

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by r.j.s, Mar 14, 2010.

1. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I have a 16GB 2nd Gen Touch. Today after adding a few new apps, and syncing it several times between, it just started freezing iTunes whenever I plug it in. I have put it into recovery mode and restored the OS and attempted to restore from backup, but as soon as the backup is on there, it freezes iTunes.

2. skypilot55 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem, been through the Apple help files, and have yet to find a solution. Sure would appreciate any tips from other users.

Running the current version of iPod Touch and iTunes software (and wondering if therein lies the problem).

<sigh>

3. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For me, it was an app ... Tom Clancy's HAWX that caused it. I deleted it from both the iPod and iTunes and it fixed it.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

When I had my 2nd Gen I was constantly having freezing problems. Reinstalled iTunes, did a restore from backup, one without, just nothing worked. Went to the Apple store, it turned out to be something with the permissions on my mac. I had to create a new user on my macbook and copy over all my files and in 30 minutes worked perfectly. Never had the problem again.

Hope that helps.