2nd generation iPad Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Bchagey, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Bchagey macrumors 6502

I bought a new Smart Cover for my The new iPad. I feel like its a lot softer, and keeps the the screen more clean. I was thinking about buying a leather Smart Cover just to try it out and see what they are like. If you have one, are they more like the 1st or 2nd generation Smart Covers as far as the fabric that lays against the screen?

Pictures - The dark grey polyurethane i bought just a week or so ago, and the blue polyurethane I bought when the iPad 2 was released.

Attached Files:

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

1st gen smart cover still works on new ipad tho....

3. Phycoduck macrumors regular

Phycoduck

It's nice to know Apple had improved them. I certainly had noticed a difference.

I was going to buy a leather cover for my iPad3, but I know from the first generations of leather covers, they weren't very good and they never held together for very long.

4. Rogzilla macrumors regular

Well that explains it. I read a lot of reviews of the Smart Cover saying that it didn't really clean the screen but I decided to pick one up anyway as I liked the overall function and was surprised by how well it did (it wasn't perfect but it was much better than advertised). I just couldn't beleive how high the standards were.

5. Bchagey thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes of course, but my 1st gen smart cover will stay on my iPad 2. I needed a new smart cover to protect my new iPad

----------

How exactly did they fall apart? Please be detailed! I am very interested this may affect me buying one or not.

6. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

7. Hosei macrumors member

I had purchased a new poly smart cover from apple and i had purchased a used leather one from ebay, when i compared the two, i was worried the one i got from ebay was a phony. this explains alot

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

How can you tell if you have a second generation smart cover? Are all smart covers in Apple stores today 2nd gen? Or do they try to sell out the first gens?

Anyway to tell with the product number or model number?

9. Bchagey thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish I had the answer to that