2nd generation Ipod touch 32gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by propel, Dec 6, 2008.

1. propel macrumors newbie

I have a problem with my itouch. This is the third itouch in the last week in a half to have the same problem. It skips a millisecond on a song like an LP if you will on my itunes collection. One time it even stopped playing and crashed sending an error to Apple once synced to my Mac. If you play the song again it does not skip on the same place as before. I also use simplify media so I can have my over 30,000 track collection on the go. It never skips using that. I have a two other ipod touches that are 16gb one first and one second generation but they don't skip. Three brand new so far with the same issue.

The MAC genius bar says its my problem if it does it again because he said it must be my software. I don't use anything else on it but simplify media and it does not effect the others. It is frustrating and makes it unlistenable. All my tracks are Apple lossless and over a TB of disc space.

Thanks for all responses!

2. Mister9 macrumors regular

the simple solution would be to download the Simplify Media app from the app store... or you could re-rip all the damaged songs, assuming you've invested over $30,000 in your music collection of course.

3. propel thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already did that. None of my collection is damaged as they play perfect on my Mac and my other 4 ipods. I have collected all my CD's since 1982 that is why I have a huge library. Thanks for the reply.

4. propel thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone here have a 2G 32GB itouch? I've tried three brand new ones and they all have this problem.

5. macjimbo macrumors newbie

2G Touch Skipping

Same problem ... I'm on my 3rd one too -- still "skipping", and I've re-ripped some of the music as a test and it's still doing it. All my other iPods work just fine and have for years. Anyone have a clue what to do? I've reinstalled iTunes, restored the Touch multiple times and restored via another computer as well. The problem seems completely random.

6. Gorbushka macrumors newbie

This is common issue, it happens to all 2nd generation ipod Touch. Replacing ipod won't fix this issue. It only happens when playing files in Apple lossless format after the screen goes off.
    Please call Support and have them document this issue and assign case number. Support told me that they will only start looking into this issue after they get enough complaints. For now it is immaterial.

7. Gorbushka macrumors newbie

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

You keep calling it an iTouch that's the problem :D