Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gfog

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2006
hello,

i was just wondering if anybody could tell me the install situation with games such as call of duty 4 for the mac, if i was to purchase a second hand copy, could i install in on my mac? is there any issues with serial numbers or activation codes or anything like that?

thank you very much in advance.

aluminumapple

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
hello,

i was just wondering if anybody could tell me the install situation with games such as call of duty 4 for the mac, if i was to purchase a second hand copy, could i install in on my mac? is there any issues with serial numbers or activation codes or anything like that?

thank you very much in advance.

there would be no difference unless the person scratches the disk or keeps the cd key for his own use other than that nothing much.

i never buy second hand games for that very reason. 2 or more people are using the same cd key one gets locked out.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
Depends on the game but COD4 you could potentially be locked out of multiplayer. Secondly, there's no way to tell how "used" some games are, as you could be the third or fourth recipient of a used title... so even if they promise on a stack of bibles not to use it, the previous owners may still have the CD key in their grubby mitts.

Gfog

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2006
thanks for the replys guys!! great info. just going to get it new

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.