2nd hand macbook pro in pakistan, should i buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wfelahi, Jun 26, 2008.

1. wfelahi macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

A few questions :

1. I am looking to buy a second hand macbook pro . The only thing is im in Pakistan and there arent many options here. Im getting a 2.5 year old macbook, 1.8Ghz, 1Gb ram, 80Gb harddrive. The price im getting is aprox 1200 dollars.
    The macbook has been used as a demo piece at the store. The keys are a bit worn out but he has promised to replace them for me. the exterior is in good shape. Do you think its a good deal?

2. The price is aprox the same as a brand new mac book (not pro) 2.4Ghz , 80Gb hard drive and 1Gb ram. Which one should i go for?

3. Also since im in pakistan there arent many software for MAC operating systems, if i was to run windows on it, how would the performance be? both for the used macbook pro and for the new macbook??

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Windows will run fine. As most Mac software is only available online you should be fine on that front though.

3. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Yeah, I can assure you either system will run just fine.

4. wfelahi thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for the reply guys, what do you think about the first 2 points?

5. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I think I'd never buy a Macbook for $1200 that was 2 years old, is that in U.S. or your currency?

6. bzboy01 macrumors newbie

Hey bud lets see if I can help

Hi, I am a big fan of Apple Macbook Pro and am currently using one. Please do not spend no 1200 dollars for a used one. I visit Pakistan quite often and would love to help you with your software and hardware needs. Email me and I will help you with both, but please do not buy such an old system for so much money.