2nd iMac LCD replaced-new problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by peevies, Aug 24, 2014.

1. peevies macrumors member

peevies

I just got my mid-2010 imac i7 27inch back from the Apple Store today. The first LCD was covered under Apple Care, this one was out of warranty. Both were due to dark spots on the display.
    After about 10 minutes, three skinny black lines started bouncing all over the top of the screen (sort of like an electron gun inside a TV), and the display jumps and bounces constantly. It is unbearable. I can see the menu bar bouncing at the bottom and the top. The screen will go to sleep, but it will start right up again shortly.
    It passed the Apple Hardware Test from my OS disc. I made an appointment to take it back to the Genius Bar this week, but this is so frustrating!
    Any ideas about this? I imagine they will fix it again, but it's a great built-to-order mac, and I still use the older peripherals with it. They gave me a break on some of the LCD cost, but it's worse now.:confused:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

A failed part, from an Apple authorized repair shop, using Apple service parts, has a 90 day service warranty. Sounds like you are simply unlucky with a failed part.

3. peevies thread starter macrumors member

peevies

Seems that way! Looks like I get to leave it there again and cross my fingers while my photo projects get delayed. Still using the '06 iMac at least.
    Hope the next one is a good LCD.