2nd iphone 3g...possible problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadcj7, Aug 25, 2008.

1. chadcj7 macrumors member

Well this is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. I received a 3g on the 31st of July and I love it. The only bad thing I have had is that last night the vibrate switch broke off. I went to the apple store today and they replaced it no questions asked. The only thing is when I got home i restored it back to where it was before I replaced it.

I noticed one dead pixel, which is not a big deal because you have to really look for it. The real problem I have is that when talking to someone from spot in my house that I had no problems with before it seems they come across a little scratchy? Not like that on the 1st one I had. Also I noticed that when using the speakers on the phone that they both work but the one seems louder then the other. Is that normal as well.

Other then that I love the phone and get good 3g reception in most areas that I am on a daily basis.

2. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Sorry but there are is only one speaker on the phone, the other is the mic.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

4. ribenaberrie macrumors member

I have a similar problem where my replacement iphone seems to have worse reception than my original one.

Question is, how do you prove to them that the reception is not as good? Because its not like I'm not getting any reception.....:confused:

5. View macrumors regular

I would probably talk to the mac genius about the reception issue (if it's that much difference).

Don't talk to them about the two speakers issue, because the iPhone only has one loud speaker. :)

6. chadcj7 thread starter macrumors member

Re:

thanks for clearing up the one speaker thing. I thought that there was two on the bottom. Thats what I get for thinking1:eek: I am going to play the issue out with the reception and see if it gets worse or what not. Hell it might just be my imagination running on me and there really is nothing wrong with it.