2nd iPhone 4s hot to touch battery lasts 3 hours on standby

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HyperX13, Dec 3, 2011.

1. HyperX13 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have now a second iPhone 4s 64 gig get hot to touch and battery last 3 hours max. This happened after 3 weeks now. No new software. I reset network, reloaded iOS with just default programs. It's all the same. Hot to touch and battery life is very short. Ideas? Back to apple store?

2. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

When you reloaded was it from a backup or "as a new device"?

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

You really need our advice on what to do with a phone that is (if what you say is true) clearly defective? Wow.

Check out my sig.....

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Can I use that signature :) ?

5. HyperX13 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am compensating for my small penis. At least I am honest. Why do you think I bought a 64 gig iphone?

What are the chances that two iphones do the exact same thing?

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I guess you should follow your sigs advice, with your posts.

Your issue is you have the problem with the listing of devices, it clearly bothers you. I would examine that. Insecurity is a dangerous beast.

To the OP, yes, you got two lemons, send it back.

7. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Probably because people who makes threads or answers to thread doesn't wanna list that damn hardware in every post that might be relevant to it and instead saving time to list it in sign, it's very popular, no matter what forum, i'm guessing you're new to forums, yes? :)

Been so the past 10years and is nothing new, so therefor you must be :) Check when you edit your signature on here for example, the example even shows you hardware!

Oh btw, just because i registered here a month ago doesn't mean i've done ten thousands++ posts on forums through all my years helping people out on forums.

8. HyperX13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You know, I followed someone's instructions to get rid of my exchange and google apps account and the temp is normal!! I did fetch instead of push and I am ok for now. I wonder if that is the issue.

9. AR15MBP macrumors regular

this.

this is an apple forum, how is it not appropriate?

10. JAT macrumors 603

Push ought to be "cheaper" than fetch, so I doubt it. Although gmail doesn't do push. I'm finding Mail to often be the culprit for battery problems. I have a 4 (sorry kids, it's not in the sig), and this happened with iOS 4.x.x, not just since 5.0 and the famous problems. Forcequit Mail whenever you find the battery draining. And if it always happens, try redoing your email setup, esp Gmail and Exchange.

Although, I only get heat when playing games, and I haven't found a pattern on this issue. That would be concerning to me if it was more often, as a potential hardware issue.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Chances are low, but unless you know something we don't, it seems you beat the odds. Hell, people win the lottery all the time and chances are likely lower you hit the lottery (assuming you play of course) than they are of you getting two defective phones in a row. I remember with the 3G I kept taking the phone back for dea pixels. I think my 4th phone was finally satisfactory.

12. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Yes, your sig is kind of funny, except, the reason I list all of my devices is to let people know what I use frequently so that they know if I give advice it isn't second hand information that is possibly rubbish.

13. HyperX13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah issue resurfaced. I even went back to vanilla iphone with no apps, no contacts and drain is the same.. I was at 60 percent when I got home (after charging all day at work), its at 22% now (2 hours later). Going to apple store tomorrow.

14. HyperX13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually tonight, it takes longer to charge than discharge... amazing... and its 107F degrees with my heat sensor gun... weird

15. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

clearly defective, take it in and try again. Also dont let the people bring you down, if you want to have you mac products in your sig do it, far less annoying than someone blowing up a thread about having that signature.

I'm also going in for my 3rd phone friday for battery issues (although not that bad) Not sure how they let this slide through so much development of not only the 4s, but ios 5....ill restore my faith if the next one is better