2nd macbook pro Hard Drive Failure after 3 days

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baller31, Jun 8, 2010.

1. baller31 macrumors newbie

I brought my macbook pro in last tuesday june 2nd to get the hard drive replaced, it was still under warranty. Last Saturday it failed once again and i was wondering if it would still be considered under warranty because A. 3 days seems awfully short for a hard drive to last. B. technically it still has 20 something days left of warranty from last july when i purchased it through apple.com and C. i do not think i should be held responsible to pay for a new hard drive for i did not do anything to my machine, but what do i know?? lol any comments would be great, thanks!

2. sauer228 macrumors member

Based on B I'd take it in. Seems like a no-brainer if you still have 20 days left on the warranty.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I believe that Apple repairs are covered for the duration of the original warranty or 30-days whichever is the longer.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

take it in to get fixed ASAP for warraty coverage. And consider getting AppleCare before the warranty runs out if you plan on keeping it for a while.

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

maybe because it died so quickly, you'll get a new machine... brand new machine + new warranty. What more could you ask?