Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
I plan on ordering a 13 inch brand new macbook pro. I currently have a pre-unibody Macbook pro ID number 3,1. It had the graphics card issue, but it replaced the logic board about a year ago as well as the battery. I also just upgraded my harddrive from the 120 to a 500gig.

I plan on getting the 13 inch 2.3 GHz but upgraded to a 500GB hard drive.

There are not new Macbook pros on the horizon are there? I know they are always updating them and the WWDC is coming up in June. Will I be able to upgrade to Lion on my new macbook? If I bought now, what do you believe they would charge? I know when I upgraded to snow leopard from Leopard that was only 29 dollars, but Im assuming Lion is going to be a major upgrade like Leopard was.

What is the easiest way to get all my information from this Macbook to my new one? I have a backup and a carbon copy already.

Anyone want to throw a number at me about what my current macbook would be worth right now? It has a small dent near the trackpad, a screen blemish (I heard its from closing the lid while the computer was running. And there is some bending near the superdrive when I went to upgrade the harddrive. I guess I didnt get the lid closed, its not flushed.

I know Im sure people really dont have answers but Id like your speculations :) Thanks!!

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
The current models just came out 2 months ago. It will be November at the earliest before the next models. Obviously this is always speculation.

I used Migration Assistant when I switched mbp's. It's built into osx.

No idea why your old one is worth.

dblissmn

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2002
Q1-Q2 2012. Intel won't even launch the Ivy Bridge chips until next January at the earliest, so there'd be no point in updating before then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.