Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Oklahoma
I just bought a new MBA with the SSD to partially replace my very early model MBA that I have been using daily. I am a consultant and college professor and work at different sites daily plus teach on two different campuses, so I am always on the go. I have loved my MBA since I bought it when they first came out, but decided I wanted to get a new one with the SSD to hold some of my most important files.

I will still keep and use the old one, primarily on campus, where I can be a little less anal about keeping an eye on it. The machine is still working great and really looks pretty much like new in spite of daily travel and lots of bouncing around in my briefcase.

Last week I was at a business meeting and the guy I was working with whipped out a small Thinkpad to demo some databases for me. I couldn't resist and showed him my MBA and a few powerpoints that related to his presentation. He was totally blown away by the MBA screen and the fast performance and told me "I'm getting one of those."

For me, the size and form factor of the MBA continues to be ideal. Yes, I do carry a tiny USB hub for running various flash drives, but the extra bother is well worth it to have such a small footprint.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So this is an FYI and not so much a question?

Despite your now secondary machine being the bastard child of the SSD model you have, I would still be inclined to "keep an eye on it" unless you have more money than sense. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.