2nd monitor on MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Keytachi, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Keytachi macrumors regular

is it possible to work wiht two monitors on my MB? like having a photoshop in on monitor and indesign on the other.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Yep. You'll just need to buy an adapter for mini-dvi to either dvi or vga, whichever your external display is :)

3. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

and about the mouse cursor? to switch between monitors how would it be? or the same cursor would be on both monitors at the same time?

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Is the CPU usage the same or does it just work the integrated video just a little harder with 2 displays running?

5. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

You can set it up so that the monitor mirrors the macbook. OR you can set it up so that the monitor is an extention of the macbook. You can also set it up so that the monitor is the main screen and the macbook becomes the second monitor (whichever is the main display will have the menu bar and the dock and the other screen will be blank).

The video card can handle it. However, I did notice some slowdown with the RSS visualizer screensaver because of the shared video ram and crappy video card i guess.

6. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

1.the mouse cursor will simply change screens as though they are one big screen so moving your mouse to the right will go on to the next screen, not two cursors.

2. i don't now whether it works the card harder but, i guess it must do by the fact that there was no slowdown when using with a 40" lcd tv.

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

You can mirror the displays so they show the same image, or extend the displays, which means the cursor can travel between the two displays.

CPU usage is more or less the same, but it does tax the GPU a bit more.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

aslong as a massive tv/monitor doesnt have a really high resolution i doubt that you would notice a big slow down. it would run pretty good.