2nd thoughts after getting a 20" ACD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gunga Din, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

Should I take it back and try to get a refurbished 23" ACD (if some become available) or try ebay? I'm just using it with my MBP for more screen space.

What u think? Just stick with the 20" and not bother getting the 23" for more $$$.

I can't use the new LED with my older MBP.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I went from a 20" monitor to a 24" monitor and honestly I didn't notice a huge difference. YMMV but I don't think it is worth it unless you get a really good deal on the 23".

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I have a 22" acer and I rarely use it all. I would be happy with a 20 acd if I got a good deal on it. Personally, if I went and got just what I wanted, I'd probably have remorse.

4. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I bet that 22" acer has 1680x1050 resolution, as most 22" screens do. No wonder you prefer ACD :D

5. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Yes, mine is 1680 X 1050. Not sure I understand your comment since the apple site says the 20 acd is the same resolution (and I do see your big grin, thanks:D). I didn't say I prefer the acd but a matter of fact I do. It is way cool looking. If I got what I wanted it would be a 30" acd because they're the coolest looking. I would probably miss the money though, because I am a very slow spender and live relatively modest. I got my 22 acer 18 months ago for $179 usd. I think I paid about $8 for a 4 year warranty at bestbuy.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

You mentioned your 22" Acer as if it was somehow better than 20" ACD, but in fact its just a cheap panel with the same resolution as 20" ACD, just with bigger pixels.

7. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I don't know how we got here? I was only saying that the 20" acd is big enough. He asked if he should return it and I'm trying to say no.

8. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

I was thinking the same thing. Anyway, thx for the replies, i'm gonna open up the box and give it a go. If something changes during MWSF I can always return it then.

9. JasO macrumors regular

I think the 20's are tiny. Smallest i would get personally would be a 23"-24"

Saying that, i'm typing from a 13.3 macbook air =p so we deal with what we have sometimes! When in bed anyway =D

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Either way it's a good decision. Personally I prefer to have new stuff but from what I hear on the forums refurbs from Apple are generally excellent. Good luck!