2nd Try On

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by leeingham, Apr 28, 2015.

1. leeingham macrumors 6502

Went back to the store today as wasn't sure the 42mm was too big for me. Tried the 38 on and although it for better I just didn't like the smaller screen as I'm used to g-gshocks which are obviously larger. My issue was the triangular effect I'm left with at the top and bottom but I guess I have to live with it and my odd wrists lol

2. leeingham thread starter macrumors 6502

3. leeingham thread starter macrumors 6502

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I had three try on appointments. My wrist is 155mm. Like you, the 42mm looks huge in pictures, but not so big in person. I'm wearing a 38mm right now.

5. karinatwork macrumors regular

karinatwork

When trying on different sizes, make sure they're both the same type. The all black watch appears always bigger than the watch with a silver frame, even if they're the same size. Just sayin'.

6. whatos macrumors 6502a

Just a thought to share. I'd choose the 42 even if it looks and feels big. After four days of heavy use, I'm very glad I got the 42.

The amount of time even with moderate use, that one looks at the display will quickly have you wishing for the larger size. My girlfriend's 38 would never work for me.

7. leeingham thread starter macrumors 6502

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I guess having good vision, the screen size is really a non-issue. Go with what you think looks best. I personally do not think that extra screen real estate will make a visual difference.

9. bob24 macrumors 6502

Matter of taste I guess but in my opinion there is no question: the 42 definitely looks too large on your wrist. If it was me I would only go for it if having a large screen was the top priority ahead of style (and given my priorities I would personally go for the 38 - which is what I am planing to do if I decide to get an Apple Watch as I also have a small enough wrist).

10. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

I went with the 38mm because I liked how it looked and felt on my wrist. The 42mm was better than I expected though; from pictures I didn't think I'd ever get it if it was the only size available, but if it was the only size I now wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

The screen size doesn't bother me because I do not intend to spend a lot of time looking at my watch. My main purpose to having the watch is as a sort of triage based on what and who is contacting me, and also so I can turn vibration off on my 6+ which makes the entire office shake when I get a phone call. :)

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

In my opinion the 42 looks better on your wrist.

12. Danny80y macrumors member

I would go 38 for you... Just bear in mind unless you have vision problems most things on the watch will offer the same info regardless of size so unlike the iPhone bigger isn't always better.

13. melman101 macrumors 68030