2nd Unibody Macbook Pro with problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by genexrocket, Oct 24, 2008.

1. genexrocket macrumors regular

I'm on my 2nd MBP right now (first one returned from a crashed HD) now this one seems to have a flickering screen problem, it appears to flicker when I put down the brightness to anything lower than full brightness. Full brightness seems fine, but as soon as I lower it one notch down, it flickers. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I take it back again?

2. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, take it back. It should not flicker.

3. sk47 macrumors member

Definitely take it back. Normally I would advise people to keep their laptops when they encounter small very minor flaws (which is unavoidable with any laptop), but flickering screen is one of the worst problems far from minor. So yeah, exchange it for another one.

4. genexrocket thread starter macrumors regular

Bump, does anyone else have this flickering LED problem? I hear the previous gen used to have this problem and was fixed with a software update. Do you think this could also be the case for this problem?

5. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

Can not bump my friend and why is it all newbies who just happen to have all these problems:confused::rolleyes:

6. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Interesting, isn't it? I guessed it was a newbie before even opening the thread. :rolleyes:

7. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

We need the Vegas odds on newbie MBP threads.

8. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

What's a bump!?

9. wheelhot macrumors 68000

Yeah, you got a point. I wonder why. Its not like there will be any MB rating here or something? I know in Cnet the other day, some people start writing negative reviews about the new Macs and the cool part is, they got flamed by other users cause posting about something they don't own. :D

10. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Adding a pointless post to your own thread to 'bump'/move it to the top of a forum.